Questions about Charis Bible College
Is Charis Bible College Accredited?
Charis Bible College is now accredited with Transworld Accreditation Commission International:
- Transworld is a federally recognized, non-profit church educational organization designed specifically for biblical institutions.
- TRANSWORLD oversees more than 1000 member institutions including schools, seminaries, universities, colleges, and institutes both in the United States and internationally.
- Transworld’s member credits have been matriculated into other government accredited colleges and universities such as ORU, Regent, Liberty, Biola, Lee, Grand Canyon University and many others.
- For more information about Transworld Accrediting Commission International, visit TransworldAccrediting.com
Are Charis Bible College Credits transferable to other institutions?
We do have an agreement with King's University, Life Christian University, and Vision University.
To know if Charis Bible College’s credits transfer to another institution, please follow up with the institution you are interested in attending.
What is the cost of tuition?
For complete details, go to Tuition & Fees.
Do you accept government grants?
Since we are an unaccredited college, most grants or scholarships will not apply to us. It would be best to check with the grant provider for more information on what type of schools they will sponsor. Please keep in mind that tuition can be paid on a monthly basis.
Do you have a work-study program?
We do not have a work-study program currently in place.
When does school start?
We have two start dates for full-time Bible Training Program students. This is applicable for first-year students only. All second-year students must start at the Fall term. Please keep in mind that as a first-year Bible Training student, if you do start in our Winter term you will be required to complete the program during Charis' Summer term. All summer school classes are presented via DVD recordings. See the Academic Calendar here.
What is Summer School?
All students who start in Winter trimester must complete the Fall trimester before promoting to Second Year. There are 2 options:
1) Attend Summer School on campus from 7:30am - 12:30pm, Monday – Friday, for 8 weeks.
2) Pay a little extra and receive all classes via video at home. All correspondence courses must be completed by August 6th.
How soon do you need my application, and when is my first payment due?
Please submit your application immediately to assist us in adequately preparing for your arrival. Your tuition (whether paying by month or year) and one-time fees are due no later than the 1st day of school.
What are Charis mission trips like?
Charis mission trips are typically between 7-10 days in length and are scheduled during the school year. Locations change from year to year based upon hosts and scheduling restrictions. Previous locations have included: Uganda, Kenya, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Germany, Russia, India, Thailand, Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Argentina. Students will need a valid passport by the start of their second year.
How long is the full-time course?
Our full-time course is made up of three 10-week trimesters.
What are your school hours?
Day school hours are from 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
Our new Hybrid Program has replaced Night School (see below for more information).
I have heard that you offer a Third-Year Ministy Training Program. Can you tell me more about this?
We have created a page that will answer your questions about this program. Click here.
Are there campus tours for visitors?
Yes, campus tours are available. You may contact us to schedule an appointment or just stop on by and a member of CBC staff would be happy to show you around!
Questions about Hybrid Program
When is class held?
In the Charis Hybrid Program, students meet weeknights on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. OR every other Saturdayfrom 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for live teaching, guest speakers, discussions, and more. Most of the courses will be watched from the comfort of your own home, at your leisure. You will be assigned 10–12 fifty-minute lessons from multiple courses each week. You will have the freedom to watch the lessons at your own pace and time during the week.
This uniquely blended program will provide interaction with other students while also giving you the flexibility to complete courses that fit around your schedule.
Is the Hybrid Program offered for first, second and third year?
This program offers the first and second years of Charis and the Third-Year Leadership Program.
Who should attend this format of the school?
- People with day jobs
- People who like small class sizes
- Full-time moms and dads
- Students with a limited budget
- People looking for fellowship with like-minded believers
- People who want to attend Bible school
- People who want to develop a closer relationship with God
- People looking for full-time ministry training