Christians, It’s Time to Fight!
Adapted from “The Time to Fight Is Now” by Richard Harris
It’s no accident that freedom of religion and freedom of speech are the first rights in the First Amendment to our Constitution.
To deny a person the freedom to believe and to speak is to treat him like an animal. Such tyranny deprives us of the core ingredients of our human identity.
Today these precious freedoms are in grave jeopardy.
Examples of the oppression of religious freedom in the last 14 years include the following:
- Banning seniors from singing Christmas carols in their homes
- Forbidding military chaplains from praying in the name of Jesus
- Banning a stamp honoring Mother Teresa
- Firing a high school coach for silently praying on a football field after games
- Fining bakers, florists, event facility owners, and dressmakers for refusing to provide services for same-sex weddings because of their consciences
- Firing and suspending teachers for speaking against homosexuality
- Forcing students to approve homosexuality to get good grades, advance, or graduate
This sampling is the tip of the iceberg. The “Hostility to Religion” report has sixty-six pages of other cases. Anyone who reads or watches the news can see that those who believe in biblical values are now regularly ridiculed, maligned, and accused of bigotry by the media and leftist politicians.
As Christians, It Is Time To Fight Back.
We must speak the truth in love and stand up for freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Let us make no mistake. The end goal of the “progressive” agenda is to silence the church.
Step by step, progressives have systematically restricted freedom of speech and religion.
What Is Next For The Radical Left?
If we want to know what’s in store for us here (if the church does not rise up), we need only look to Europe.
The European Union’s highest court recently upheld the conviction of a woman for “defamation” because she said Muhammad was a pedophile. She merely used an accurate word to describe the historical fact that Muhammad married a six-year-old girl and consummated the marriage when the girl was nine. The court found that the woman’s right to speak such truth is outweighed by the need for Muslims to not be “offended.”
The Time To Take A Stand Is Now.
The church in prewar Germany turned a blind eye to the Nazi agenda, which led to the Holocaust. We have a responsibility to fight back against oppression and against the spirit of antichrist that seeks to muzzle the Word of God. If we don’t fight back now, then like the German church, it is very likely that we will not be able to fight back later.
Learn what you can do:
- Charis’ Third Year Practical Government School teaches students how to make a difference.
- Watch the Truth & Liberty live cast, Mondays at 6 PM (MT).
- Visit TruthandLiberty.net for a wealth of resources and to read this blog in its entirety.