Good NEWs for the New Year
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” — Revelation 21:5
God speaks of new things in His Word many times. In fact, the word "new" is used 173 times in the New King James!
Here are 8 “news” to encourage you for the coming year.
1. God will declare new things to you in the New Year.
“…former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” — Isaiah 42:9 (NKJV)
2. God will make a new way where there seems to be none.
Behold, I will do a new thing…I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. —Isa 43:19 (NKJV)
3. His mercy, compassion and faithfulness will be new every day.
Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. —Lamentations 3:22-23
4. He has already made peace and made us one with Him.
For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation…that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace. —Ephesians 2:14-15
5. As a believer, you have already been made a new creation—no matter your past.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. —2 Corinthians 5:17
6. You are able to share this new life in the Spirit with others.
Who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. —2 Corinthians 3:6
7. You can renew your mind to the fact that you are righteous and holy because of Jesus.
…be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. —Ephesians 4:23-24
8. You can love others with the new love that is already inside you through the Holy Spirit.
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. —John 13:34
This is good news! It makes me want to sing a new song of praise to the One who makes all things new throughout 2018.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!