All Online Courses
1. How do I enroll in online courses?
2. Is this only for people going into ministry?
No. It is excellent ministry training. However, it is also for anyone who wants to better understand God’s word or grow in their relationship with God.
3. Must I commit to taking all the courses in the program, or can I take only those I want?
You are not required to commit to taking all courses in the program. You can take as few or as many as you want.
4. Are classes conducted live?
No. Classes are delivered by audio/video that is accessible online at your convenience.
5. Are courses available in languages other than English?
No. All content is in English only.
6. What must I do to complete the first-year program and be ready to start the second year on campus?
Please see our Requirements for Completion of First-Year Program page.
7. What if I need help?
8. What Internet browser should I use?
Please see our Browser Recommendations page.
9. Does the Charis Online program qualify for Veterans benefits?
No. None of the Charis distance learning options (online & correspondence) qualify for VA benefits. Only the on-campus program qualifies.
10. Will Charis send me books or videos in the mail?
No. All materials are delivered to you online. There is nothing to mail to you.
11. How long will I have access to courses that I purchased?
Interactive Courses Only
1. Is there a recommended class load per term?
This is mostly dependent on your schedule and motivation. There are no restrictions. But taking more than 8-10 courses per term is not recommended since it probably would be very difficult for most people. If you want to complete all courses in a reasonable time, then 5 or 6 courses per term is our best suggestion.
2. How much time with an Interactive Online course take?
We estimate each course will take approximately 16 hours to complete.
3. Do I need to take classes at a fixed time?
No. You are free to complete the lessons at your convenience anytime. The only time guideline is that once you start a course, 2 lessons are assigned each week, starting with the first week of the term, until the course is complete. These lessons need to be completed during that week. They can be done anytime that week 24/7.
4. When do classes start?
Classes start at the beginning of each term. New terms start every 6 to 8 weeks continuously throughout the year. Accommodating your schedule is very easy. Please see our Online Academic Calendar for more information.
5. Are class discussions conducted live?
No. The lesson discussions are conducted in an online discussion board dedicated to your class. Discussions are available for you to read and respond to anytime you choose to log on.
6. What if there are not enough students for an Interactive class?
We will cancel the class for that Interactive term and refund the tuition for that class. You should be able to reschedule that course for the next term.
7. What if a class canceled and I need it this term to complete year 1 in time to join the second year program?
All Online – Self-Paced courses are available at all times. Click here for more information on Self-Paced courses.
8. Who are the Facilitators in our Interactive Online courses?
Facilitators are mature believers who are well established in God’s word and the teachings of Charis. Most are graduates of Charis. Many of them have also completed the third year program. Some are teachers and directors of Charis extension schools. Many also have teaching & leadership experience at the Colorado campus.
9. Once I have enrolled where do I login? How do I get started?
Before your lessons start, you will receive an email with all the instructions needed to login and get started. Typically, you will receive this email by the Friday before the course starting date. You can view this same information on our How Your Course Works page.
10. Featured Courses
a. What does it mean for an online course to be featured?
From time to time we may elect to feature an Interactive Online course in a specific term. Charis may do this to encourage new people to try the Online college, or for existing students to experience a new instructor or course. During the feature period, ANYONE can enroll in a featured course for the special price. The course is exactly the same as it is in other terms. We simply promote it more and offer it at a special price during this period.
b. Will you be featuring other courses in the future? If so, what courses and when?
It is possible that we will occasionally feature more Interactive Online courses in the future. However, the schedule and course selection for features will not be publicized until a feature starts.
c. Will you be featuring or discounting courses through any other programs (Self-Paced, Correspondence, Night School, campuses, etc.)?
At this time there are no plans to feature courses through any other programs. Currently this is only intended to promote Charis Interactive Online courses.
d. If I already enrolled in a course that is offered in a later term for a lower price, can I get a refund for the difference in the price that I paid?
No, there are no refunds issued for price changes that occur at later times.
Self-Paced Courses Only
1. Do I need to take classes at a fixed time?
No. You may start your course immediately and complete it at your convenience 24/7. You have 12 months to complete your course.
2. Once I have enrolled where do I login? How do I get started?
You can login by going to http://charisbiblecollege.desire2learn.com/ and entering the username you were assigned and the password you created when you enrolled. You can view our How Your Course Works page for more information.