Terms of Service
By enrolling in courses, I am accepting the Charis Online Terms of Service (TOS) which include that I:
- agree to abide by the policies and code of conduct of Charis Online.
- understand that for my own privacy and security, Charis encourages me to not share information that others could use to harm me, including information that would allow others to physically locate or contact me outside the Charis Online system. Charis strongly encourages me to limit my contact with other users to the communication channels provided within the Charis Online system. Charis is not responsible for any consequences that may result from contact with other users outside this system.
- verify that I am at least 18 years old for Interactive courses only (there is NO minimum age requirement for taking Self-Paced courses).
- will not reproduce any content for the purposes of reselling or charging any fee for the content. I will not reproduce any content for the purposes of editing with the intent of distributing the edited content.
- will use my access to other Charis Online users only for class activities organized by Charis. Unless otherwise authorized by Charis in writing I will NOT use any communication methods available through Charis Online, (including email addresses) to solicit Charis staff or other students for:
- business purposes or
- involvement in ministry activities outside of Charis/AWMI or
- collection of funds for any purposes, including ministry offerings.
- accept that Charis reserves right to delete content, temporarily suspend, or permanently terminate user access to courses and activities if Charis, at its sole discretion, believes the terms or spirit of this agreement have been violated.
- accept that Charis reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the online college and policies with or without notice.
- accept that Charis reserves the right to close, cancel, or reschedule courses at its sole discretion. If Charis changes the availability of a course for which a student has already paid, the student will be eligible for a refund for that course.
- certify that all information provided in this course enrollment is truthful and complete.
- accept that Interactive courses are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment limits. If the enrollment minimum is not met by the enrollment deadline for a course, that course may be canceled for that term. If enrollment for a course reaches the maximum limit for a term, it may be closed to additional students for that term. In most cases, students will have the opportunity to reschedule that class for a future term, or possibly schedule a different course in the same term.
- understand that faithfulness is most important for success as a student at Charis. In Interactive courses, I will be faithful to fulfill my obligations, complete the tasks I have been assigned, and to do them on time.
Reporting violations of these Terms of Service:
Thank you for honoring these terms of service. This is your college community. Help us make it strong, vibrant and enjoyable for all members. If you see anything that violates the Terms of Service, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Dropping an Interactive Course
How to Drop a Course:
If you need to withdraw from an Interactive course you must notify us in writing (email is acceptable). To do this you can contact us here. First, review our Withdrawal/Refund Policy below.
There are no academic penalties for withdrawal at any time. If you withdraw and then enroll in the course again later, you will simply start at the beginning with a clear academic record.
Any enrollment fees and re-instatement fees are non-refundable. Course tuition is refundable dependent on when the written request is sent by the student according to the following guidelines:
- Up to 1 week before lessons start - 100% refund
- Up to the end of the first week (7 calendar days) of class - 80% refund
- Up to the end of the second week (14 calendar days) of class - 50% refund
- After the end of the second week of class no refunds will be granted.
The course weeks start on Monday 12am (Mountain time) and end on the following Monday at 12am. The withdrawal request date will be based on the postmark date if sent by postal mail, or by the date generated by the receiving email system in the case of emails. Refunds will be sent within 20 business days after Charis receives the written withdrawal request.
If you feel the need to drop a course because of time demands, first consider whether you are spending an appropriate amount of time on the class. We often see many students spending much more time in the discussions than expected. For each lesson, the minimum requirements are:
1. Answer the discussion question and
2. Add at least one comment about a post from another person
Most students should be able to read the lesson outline, watch the video and complete these discussion requirements in about 1.5-2 hours per lesson. Yet many students go well beyond this. This is wonderful for those who have the time. But it is not expected. So before you decide to completely drop a course, consider whether it is better to stay in the course but not push yourself to put so much time and effort into the discussions.
Thank you for joining us at Charis Bible College Online. We are glad you are here!
After you have enrolled and started classes online, you are free to skip later terms to suit your schedule. However, if you do not enroll in any classes for more than 2 consecutive terms, your student status will be changed to inactive. If your status becomes inactive, you are still free to enroll in classes again in later terms. However, there will be a fee to reactivate your status at the time of future enrollments.
Dropping a Self-Paced Course
How to Drop a Course:
If you need to withdraw from a Self-Paced course, you must notify us in writing (email is acceptable). To do this, you can contact us here. First, review our Withdrawl/Refund Policy below.
There are no academic penalties for withdrawl at any time. If you withdraw and then enroll in the course again later, you will simply start at the beginning with a clear academic record.
Any enrollment fees and re-instatement fees are non-refundable. Course tuition is refundable within 1 week of enrollment if no more than one lesson of the course materials has been accessed. If more than one lesson has been accessed, no refund will be granted.
Dropping Bundles or Courses in Bundles
Build Your Own Bundles – If you need to drop a course or courses from a “Build Your Own Bundle,” the refund value of each course will be based on the total price of the bundle divided by the number of courses in the bundle. When only 1 course remains in the bundle, its price will revert to the individual course price. “Build Your Own Bundles” may only contain Interactive courses. Substitutions are only allowed with other Interactive courses and are subject to the Withdrawl/Refund Policy.
Other Bundles - Refund options are limited for other course bundles. Please contact us here for details.
Access to Past Courses
You have access to each course in which you have enrolled for a full year after it ends. This includes access to course outlines, audios, videos and discussions. During this period of time, you have the right to download the outlines, audios and videos and save them on your computer or auxiliary drive so that you have them forever.
Note: If you choose to download materials, we suggest that you take steps to back up these files to prevent loss. We cannot be responsible for materials that you have downloaded to your computer but lost due to computer failure.
Currency Conversion Estimates
For the convenience of international students, an estimated price in the local currency is displayed in the shopping cart. These are only estimates. The listed price in U.S. Dollars is what will be charged, and the actual conversion rate will be determined by the bank that issued the credit/debit card that is used.
Not all products are available in all areas.
This policy is subject to change without notice.