Starting a Charis course is easier than you’d think.
There is considerable flexibility with scheduling Distance Education courses.
- Take a single course or several at the same time, and in any sequence.
- Take courses from any or all of the Distance Education formats — Online Interactive, Online Self-Paced, and Correspondence Self-Paced.
- Self-Paced courses may be taken at any time.
- Interactive courses are offered in 5-week terms throughout the year.
* Term 2018-H has been extended by one week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
No new lessons are assigned during the week of November 18-25, 2018.
These dates are subject to change without notice.
To complete the 1st-Year Program with Distance Education, you must successfully complete a total of 39 courses (Course Descriptions). Here is a link to the Distance Education Program – Academic Plan. We encourage you to use this list to plan and track your progress toward completion. You must take all 27 Core courses (in red) plus any 12 Elective courses (in grey) in order to complete the mandatory total of 39 courses. A course is considered complete only if you have received a final grade of 70% or greater.
Online students may view their Online courses and grades on the Home page of the Online campus platform under “My Courses.”
Students may also contact us to request a transcript-to-date containing a list of their completed courses and grades received.
Completion requirements are subject to change without notice.
Request a Certificate of Completion and Final Transcript
- Email your request to email@example.com or call Warren Lutz at 719-268-5923. Please include your full name, mailing address, and if applicable, the campus location where you will be attending 2nd-Year.
- Once the successful completion of all 39 first year courses is confirmed, your Certificate of Completion and final transcript will be processed and mailed to the address provided.
Apply to a Campus for 2nd-Year
- As soon as possible, contact the campus where you will be attending the 2nd-Year program. The campus will provide their admission requirements, due dates, and answer any questions you may have. Note: The campus admission process can begin before completing your 1st year courses.
- Click here for Campus Locations and contact information.
- The Distance Education department will forward a copy of your final transcript to the campus indicated in your Certificate of Completion and Final Transcript request.
For questions, please contact the Charis Main Office at 719-635-6029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org