The Power in Thanksgiving
From Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! By Andrew Wommack
It’s always important to have an attitude of thankfulness, but this special season of Thanksgiving reminds us to look back and think about what God has done.
As Jamie and I look back over this year, we are especially thankful for you. You have joined with us and sacrificially given to help take God’s good news to people around the world. On behalf of the thousands you have helped, we say THANK YOU. We are praising God because of you and pray that His blessings will overtake you.
The benefits of praise and thankfulness are too numerous to mention, but I think it’s very appropriate to be thinking about them as we celebrate what I believe to be the most sacred holiday in America. It was set aside just to give thanks and has not been diluted with things like little rabbits and reindeer.
- It refocuses our attention on the positive: When we thank God for all His blessings, it refocuses our attention from the negative to the positive things in our lives. Sure, all of us have problems. We live in a fallen world, but God is good, and God’s goodness to us is greater than all of the enemy’s attacks.
- It puts things in perspective: All of us have much to be thankful for and more than enough reason to be praising Him. We just need to put everything into perspective. Paul praised God after being beaten, stoned, whipped, and thrown in jail. Then he said these were but light afflictions that last for a moment, nothing to be compared to eternal things (2 Cor. 4:17-18).
Paul understood that praise from a thankful heart has great power.
- It will build you up spiritually,
- It is a source of strength,
- It is a powerful weapon against the devil,
- And it ministers to the Lord, just to mention a few of its benefits.
The Lord is building His kingdom, not mine. I believe Jamie and I have been called to bring a fresh revelation of the true Gospel to the body of Christ, and it’s thrilling to see God doing it through us.
However, we aren’t doing this by ourselves. We know that none of what has been accomplished could have happened without you—our partners and friends in the ministry. Your role in this ministry is tremendously important. And what takes place in the future depends on the continuing power of your support and others who believe God has called them to help take this message to the world.
So at this time of Thanksgiving, we say a special thanks to all of you who have helped make this possible. We believe you will be blessed in this life and in the life to come!