6 Powerful Principles to Get You on the Road to Abundance
Based on “The Road to Abundance” by Barry Bennett
The steps to prosperity don’t require material resources to start.
Consider the following spiritual principles:
1. “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Prov. 23:7).
How do you think about yourself and your life? Do you see yourself as poor, needy and at the mercy of circumstances? If so, that is going to be your future. Everything begins with what is going on in your heart.
Prosperity begins within.
2. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Mt. 6:33).
It doesn’t cost anything to seek God. Understanding how the kingdom works and understanding righteousness are equally important to an abundant life. Knowing our righteousness establishes us at peace with God. Kingdom principles give us God’s wisdom for building our lives. Spend time in God’s Word and let Him reveal kingdom secrets to you, and the things of life shall be ‘added’ to you!
3. “Let the people praise thee, O God…. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.” (Ps. 67:5-6)
A life of praise and thanksgiving comes from a heart of hope and joy. Do you praise God and give thanks for His goodness? Praise releases the increase of God into your life!
4. “A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.” (Prov. 18:20)
Words spring from your heart and can create opportunities, open doors, and release faith into your circumstances. Words cost nothing but carry prosperity or poverty. Are you speaking life into your circumstances or cursing your future with doubt, fear, and lack?
Your future is being shaped by your words.
5. Honor the Lord with thy substance …. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine (Prov. 3:9-10).
True prosperity begins with principles 1 through 4. That being said, everyone has something they can give to God. Honoring God from your increase is an extension of a thankful heart that recognizes God as our Source. How do we give to the Lord? Usually by supporting the work that is blessing and feeding us spiritually. It’s not a debt you owe but an opportunity to release His grace into your life.
6. “Give, and it shall be given unto you… (Luke 6:38).
Giving isn’t a formula, but an extension of God’s very nature. It’s an expression of love. When our hearts are filled with love, giving will be an automatic expression of that love. Jesus gave Himself for us and promised that as we give, we will receive. Giving is an act of faith. In giving, there is a seed that is programmed for increase. That is how the kingdom works (Mk. 4:26).
The only thing you need to start on the road to abundance is a heart that is truly transformed by the love of God!