5 Signs You Are Seeing with the Wrong Eyes!
Based on a Charis Minute with Barry Bennett
We can see everything in life through our natural eyes, seeing and living from our present needs, or we can choose to see everything through our spiritual eyes—through the truth of God’s Word and the vision it creates in us.
How can you tell which “eyes” you are seeing through? Here are 5 recognizable signs that will tell you whether you are living from needs or from true, spiritual vision.
- Hoarding – When the offering bucket comes around, your attitude will be the first telltale sign. Seeing with vision creates a desire to sow, while seeing only your need makes you want to hold on to what you have.
- Worry – Seeing and living from your needs will cause you to worry about how “you” can get things done. Seeing with your spiritual vision will activate your faith to know that God has already done it.
- Anxiety – Philippians 4:6 (NKJV) says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Living by the Word creates positive expectation that God has already provided, whereas, living from need creates anxiety.
- Lack – Need harnesses the lack of the present and will keep you in that lack. Vision unlocks the power of the seed, whether it’s a financial seed or the incorruptible seed of the Word of God.
- Burn out – Living from your present need will burn you out because you are trying to satisfy those needs in your own strength. Vision will keep you energized since all of your needs are supplied by the Lord. The power and supply comes directly from Him, and you can rest in the truth of His promises!
When you live by your needs you’re living only for compensation. When you live by your vision you are propelling yourself into another dimension where multiplication is the order of the day.
If you’re motivated to worry, fear, hoard, complain, and criticize, needs are your lord. If you’re motivated to dream, give, serve, and bless, you’re seeing with your spiritual eyes and living according to true vision!