Nearly-Too-Good-To-Be-True News Explodes in Asia!
Did you know that more people speak Chinese than any other language in the world?
Currently, approximately 20% of the world’s population, over one billion people, speak some form of Chinese as their first language. That puts Charis Bible College Hong Kong poised to potentially reach over a billion people with the gospel!
In the past few years, the school has really taken off under the skilled leadership of Cindy Pearson. Cindy is no stranger to Asia. She lived there from 2000-2012 before coming back to the States to do her second and third years at Charis and moving to Hong Kong to direct the Charis there.
Some truly amazing things are happening!
Here’s an update on the progress:
- 230 students in Asian countries, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Malaysia, are studying the life-changing good news.
- First year is being taught in both English and Chinese at Charis Hong Kong.
- A second-year hybrid program has just begun in Malaysia.
- The Discipleship Evangelism course has been translated into both traditional and simplified Chinese (including the videos) and is being used in various Hong Kong churches, by Chinese speakers in other nations, as well as to train up a group of refugee leaders.
- Translation of the first-year curriculum into traditional and simplified Chinese is 75% complete.
- Four of Andrew’s books and 3 booklets have been translated into Chinese. Another will be published mid-November 2017.
- Third-year students are doing the Leadership Program, which trains them for their next leadership role.
- The CBC Hong Kong website is being overhauled to become a trilingual site with many Chinese resources.
“I always felt I was not good enough to attain the level God set for us. After I attended Charis, my understanding of my position and identity in Christ completely changed. He made it right for me. I am set free from the guilt and shame of what I have done and will do since I am convinced my sin is forgiven, and God is in me to help me walk like Jesus.” —Christine, Third Year student
God is really on the move in Asia! Just think of it. The capability of reaching over a billion people for Christ is phenomenal.
World Outreach funds many of the translation efforts for programs around the world. To find out how you can help, go to http://www.charisbiblecollege.org/donate/iamworldoutreach!